It is always a good thing to be prepared with essential items to have on hand for guests. It will save you time and money and help you to relax and enjoy your guests.
Being prepared makes all of the difference.
You can keep a small supply of kitchen and food essential items on hand for guests.
- Coffee and coffee creamer
- Soft drinks
- Bottled Water
I am always on the lookout for the lowest prices, so I always check the sales before I make a trip to the grocery store.
If you are pressed for time and don’t want to make a trip to the grocery store to stock up on beverage items, you can always order the items on Amazon and have them delivered to your door usually within two days.
- Basket filled with healthy bars, nuts, and healthy chips.
- Healthy yogurt, fruit cups, and jello cups.
- Different sizes of paper plates
- Plastic ware
- Paper/plastic cups
- Frozen pizza – you can usually find these for a bargain price compared to ordering from your local pizza place.
- Freezer meals – You can have five meals prepared and be prepared for last minute overnight guests. These can be cooked overnight and ready for the next day. You can add a salad or an easy to prepare vegetable and you have spent a minimal amount of time.
- My favorite freezer meals are MyFreezeEasy. They provide low-cost, quick assembly and preparation.
Check out my post on Save time with meal planning using MyFreezeEasy
- Bed linens
- Bath towels
- Bath and body products
- Tooth paste
- Dental floss
- Tooth brushes
- Hair care products
- Hair dryer
To prepare for your overnight guests, make sure you have everything clean and fresh for their stay. You want to provide a comfortable place for them to relax and feel at home.
I keep an air mattress on hand with the essential bed linens.
You might check with your guests before they arrive to see if they have any preferences on the types of products they prefer to use. I use all natural products in our home because of my allergies.
Also, check on their food preferences to see what foods they do and don’t like. Then you can tailor your menu and ensure their stay will be more enjoyable.
Remember, it is about your guests. They will appreciate your thoughtfulness and that you took the time to specifically meet their needs.
To receive updates about what is going on in my community, click on the link https://biblicalhospitality.com/subscriber-form/ to subscribe to my email list. For subscribing, you will receive Guests coming for a meal? last minute checklist.
Serving others with a joyful heart,